Fresh Ricotta Green Frittata
After making fresh ricotta (see recipe here) this dish is a perfect quick way to enjoy the fresh flavours of the ricotta. If you don’t have the time or inclination to make fresh ricotta, then you can buy ricotta from a deli or in a tub from most supermarkets. I’ve made fresh sun-dried tomato pesto to go with this recipe too, but again you can use a jarred pesto for a super quick midweek meal.
3 Cloves of Garlic – Finely sliced
1 Courgette – Cut into ribbons using a peeler
The juice of 1 lemon
200 g Baby Spinach Leaves
200 g Fresh Ricotta
Basil – Torn
Salt / Pepper
Sun-dried Tomato Pesto (see recipe here)
Prep Time – 5 minutes
Cook Time – 15 minutes
Serves 4 with Salad
320 Calories Per Serving
1. Turn on the Grill in your oven to full heat
2. Finely Slice the garlic cloves and slice the courgette into ribbons with a vegetable peeler.
3. Pore 1 teaspoon of rapeseed oil in a frying pan, over high heat. Preferable use a pan that can go on the oven, so no plastic handles.
4. Add the garlic and stir for 1 minute.
5. Add the courgette and continue cooking for an additional 3 minutes. Stirring as you go.
6. Add the spinach to the pan, along with the juice of the lemon. The juice will help the spinach cook down; this should only take about a minute.
7. While the spinach is wilting, crack the eggs into a bowl. Season with salt and paper. Whisk the eggs, until combined.
8. Once the spinach has wilted, add the egg mixture to the pan.
9. Break up the Ricotta and place over the top of the frittata. Tear up the basil leaves and sprinkle them over the frittata. Allow the Frittata to continue to cook on the hob for 2 minutes.
10. Place the pan in the oven, under the grill. Cook for about 5 minutes. Keep an eye on it, you want to take it out when it is cooked through and no longer wobbly in the middle. Give it a shake to check it has firmed up in the centre.
11. Remove from the oven and season with salt and pepper.
12. Take the whole pan to the table to serve. Topping it with a tablespoon of homemade tomato pesto.