Recipe by Claire.
After making Labneh Balls (click here for recipe) I decided to make a softer, more spreadable labneh as one of the starters at our Easter BBQ. Adding the peas and dill to the Ladneh gives it a lovely spring feel. We served it with a Organic White Sourdough from Coopers Bakehouse.
500g Thick Greek Yogurt (No lite or fat free options for this recipe!)
1 tsp Salt
About 50ml of Olive Oil or Rapeseed Oil
1/2 Cup of Frozen (or Fresh Peas)
2 Sprigs of Fresh Dill
The zest of 1 Lemon
1 Teaspoon of Sumac
1 Teaspoon of Za'atar
Bread to serve
1. Fold the cheesecloth in half so you have 2 layers of cheesecloth and lay it over a sieve over a bowl.
2. Mix the salt into the yogurt and then spoon the yogurt mixture onto the cheesecloth. Gather up each corner and using some string, tie the cheesecloth around the yogurt.
3. Hang the cheesecloth over the bowl and leave it for at least 6 hours. No need to squeeze the liquid out, gravity should do the work. You still want the consistency of this Labneh to be soft, as it is not going to be rolled out into balls, so 6 hours is enough.
4. Remove the Labneh from the cheese cloth and use the back of a spoon to smear it over a plate.
5. Sprinkle the defrosted, but raw peas over the Labneh, as well as the lemon zest, dill, sumac and za'atar. Drizzle over a bit of olive oil and serve with Sourdough Bread of biscuits.
See my other Labneh Recipes here