Updated: Apr 7, 2020
This is a great alternative to the more traditional rocky road (see recipe here) which tastes completely different, so you should definitely try both of them! The rose from the Turkish delight really shines through, so you will want to cut the pieces small as it’s quite rich.
Makes about 40 - 3cm x 3cm pieces
400g White Chocolate – Chopped up into pieces
150g Dried Cranberries
250g Turkish Delight – Cut into 1cm squares
1. Grease a 20cm x 20cm baking tin and line the base with greaseproof paper.
2. In a large bowl, add the cranberries, pistachios and chopped Turkish delight. Give it all a good mix and set aside.
3. Place a large glass bowl over a saucepan that has about 5cm of water in it. Make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
4. Over a low heat, melt the chocolate in the bowl.
5. Keep stirring the mixture until the chocolate has completely melted. Take the bowl off the saucepan to make sure the chocolate doesn’t burn but watch out for the steam that will be trapped under the bowl.
6. Pore the melted chocolate mixture over the bowl of nuts and sweets and give it a good stir, so everything is covered.
7. Pore the mixture into the prepared tin and press it down with a spatula so the top is even.
8. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
9. Once it is set, cut it into 3cm x 3cm pieces (or whatever size you like!) with a sharp knife.
10. Eat it like this or add it to a Christmas Goodie Bag.